1634 (Edo period); destroyed by fire in 1708, rebuilt and the burned again in 1854
Tours at 11am and 1:30 except Saturday pm, Sunday, national holidays and New Year's (12/25 - 1/5)
Added to JGarden:
All visitor's must obtain permission in advance from the Kyoto office of the Imperial Household Agency (located on the grounds of the Gosho).
This is a very sophisticated example of a stroll garden and is one of three extant imperial villas (the others are Katsura and Shugakuin)
Construction of two gardens, Gomuzuno-o-jôkô and Nyoin Goshô, to the north, began in 1627. In the middle Edo period, the walls between the two sites were town down and the gardens were combined. The dry beach of the south pond is made up of small stones of almost uniform size and is known as Odawara Isshôishi Beach.
And the pine trees on Tortoise Hill
Reflected in the clear waters
Of the palace pond