A Shingon sect temple was first built here in 1444. The Rinzai Zen sect later restored the temple. The main garden, probably built in the early Edo period, was designed as a viewing garden that centered on a small pond with a long berm extending from the west to the southwest in the background. The pond also includes a dejima and central rock island. The dry rock waterfall (karetaki) is considered particularly notable.
A bit of water here,
There, between the trees -