attributed to Kano Motonobu; recent addition by Nakane Kinsaku
Muromachi period; 16th century
9am - 5pm
Added to JGarden:
This is a Myoshinji sub-temple. Kano Motonobu(1475-1559) lived at here for quite some time and may have been responsible for the garden, though this is unclear. The original garden is a Shukkei karesansui garden of 4,734 sq ft.
The more recent garden by Nakane Kinsaku is quite large for that of a Zen temple.
And the pine trees on Tortoise Hill
Reflected in the clear waters
Of the palace pond